Monday, December 27, 2010

What can you use these LEDs for?

I've gotten a few emails on questions on what you can use these LEDs for. I've created a FAQ page to answer some of the questions I'm getting.

I consider myself knowledgeable enough to answer any questions you have on lighting a reef aquarium with LEDs but I can only speculate on freshwater setups. In most cases for a reef aquarium with SPS you will be using 1 LED per 10-15in of surface area. XP-G to XP-E ratio should be close to 40:60 to get a 14k look.

In a freshwater aquarium I would think you would not need the XP-E Royal blue but rather just the XP-G Cool White. If someone would like to comment on this and give others some info on lighting a freshwater setup, please feel free.

What you need to know about the colors is that the Cool White create growth and the Royal Blue make the colors "pop".

No comments:

Post a Comment